Wednesday, September 28, 2011

6. Eggcellent Beginnings!

Wow! I can't believe this is my first post since returning home. I've been back from Guate since...March? April?? It seems like it's been ages ago!

So...let's commence!

 Chuck Norris approves. (Image from the film Dodgeball, 2004)
 
After becoming slightly (and lovingly) "gordita" during my last visit to Guate, I've decided to be nicer to my body and eat healthier, which involves smaller portions of HEALTHY (yet delicious) food, five or six times a day. Now, my big challenge was how to do this and still get the right nutrients I need, especially calcium and protein. Commence, Easy Fix #1: EGGS.


I took part of the morning today to pay respect to one of nature's most delicious sources of protein.  I discovered an easy way to make them a part of my daily diet...I boiled them. Now I can chop them up and use them in fresh spinach salads, one of my FAVORITE uses of eggs. Stay tuned for photos and recipes of my eggcellent concoctions!

Show some respect to our friend, the egg, today! What is your favorite way to use eggs? What other healthy sources of protein do you recommend?

Make today one filled with joy!

<3 Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment